Admissions Processes and Systems
Applications are managed through the CollegeNET Admit system
- Reach the system at this url: https://admit.applyweb.com/admit-2.0/shibboleth/emory.
- To create a user account for Admit, or to resolve problems with an existing account, contact Tammy Coleman.
- The link above works in a complicated way (it refers you to a page on Emory's servers). If you save it as a favorite or bookmark, it will not function properly.
- If you're interested in the complicated details, read this: Linking to Admit
We will teach you how to use the Admit system
- Your main contact is Tammy Coleman: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 7-0690
- Tammy conducts standing training session on Thursdays at 1 pm, online. You need no special software to join. We add a new component to the session each week and we can review last week or any of the prior weeks.
- We’re recording some of those sessions, and also have documents with screenshots.
- Tammy will conduct online or in-person sessions aimed specifically at your situation and concerns.
- The Admit system contains online tutorials: log in to the Admit, click on your name in the uper right hand corner, and chose "Help" on the drop-down menu. The next page has links to online tutorials and documentation.
- CollegeNET has their own helpline: email@example.com or 503-973-5213. If possible, we recommend you contact Tammy first.
The Admit system allows for considerable customization to reflect the admissions processes used in different programs. We will help you customize -- contact Tammy.
Three useful documents:
- LGS Admissions 101: an overview of admissions, including a timeline. An updated version is posted in September each year.
- Retrieving GRE and TOEFL Scores: a new way of obtaining official GRE and TOEFL scores directly from the ETS website.
- Special Funding Form: you may need this if you are offering admission to an applicant who comes with his or her own funding (like Fulbright)