The Versatile PhD
Future-Proof Your Doctorate with VPhD
- Discover interesting career paths away from the faculty track;
- Join a large community of post-academics to consult about your situation;
- Read job listings appropriate for PhDs;
- Network with successful post-academic PhDs nationwide;
- Take advantage of Laney's Versatile PhD subscription for even more!
Concerned about the academic job market? Thinking about non-academic careers? The Laney Graduate School is pleased to offer The Versatile PhD. Scroll down to learn more.
About The Versatile PhD
The Versatile PhD mission is to help graduate students identify and prepare for possible non-academic careers. The Versatile PhD will help to demystify non-academic careers, revealing many interesting professions that can utilize the skills you are developing in graduate school.
The Versatile PhD is a free community for all graduate students. There are more than 10,000 individuals on the site, and more are joining all the time. But there is a special feature only available to graduate students of subscribing institutions.
Because Laney holds an institutional subscription to the VPhD, our students can take advantate of special VPhD content, including:
- Resumes and cover letters that got PhDs post-academic jobs
- Detailed practical information on specific careers, from PhDs in those careers
- First person stories of long-term PhD success
- “Power Search” feature to find non-academic contacts & mentors
- Reminders of upcoming events and milestones
- And more!
- Sign up at Versatile PhD: http://versatilephd.com.
- For upgraded access, you'll have to take a few extra steps once you’ve signed up, but it's worth it. Start here: http://vphd.info/Emory_go.
VPhD Panel Discussions, 2016-17
|Humanities/Social Sciences||Sept 19-23||PhDs in Translation|
|STEM||Oct 17-21||PhDs in Medical Writing|
|Humanities/Socials Sciences||Nov 14-18||PhDs in Cultural Resource Management|
|STEM||Feb 6-10||PhDs in Conservation|
|Humanities/Social Sciences||March 6-10||PhDs in Think Tanks|
|STEM||April 3-7||PhDs in Think Tanks|