The Laney Graduate School is pleased to offer a professional resource to students who are nearing completion and entering the job market: a subsidized Interfolio account to collect, manage and deliver dossiers to prospective employers.
If you register for an Interfolio account as an Emory graduate student, the Laney Graduate School will (a) pay for a one-year account, and (b) provide a $60 delivery credit (which corresponds to 10 standard dossier deliveries).
- All degree seeking students in the Laney Graduate School are eligible.
- To be eligible to start a subsidized account, you must be enrolled as a student the semester you start it. Your free account will remain active for a calendar year after the date you open it. The $60 delivery credit will remain valid even if you are no longer a student by the following semester (because you graduated).
- If the service receives good reviews, and if LGS budgets permit, students will be eligible for a subsidized one-year account twice. That is, if you start an account this year but do not find a job you want, then you can renew your account and receive a new subsidy a year later (provided you are still an LGS student).
- In order to access this special offer account, you will need to contact your program administrator to receive a code. We have shared those with the programs.
- As part of the registration process with Interfolio, you will have the option to select an affiliation. We have arranged for all LGS degree programs to be listed in their database, so please search for “Emory” and then select the appropriate program.
- When you register for an Interfolio account, use your Emory email address.
- By using the LGS code provided by your program (see above), you will not be charged for the one-year account itself, and you will receive a $60 delivery credit.
- You will be responsible for delivery costs that exceed $60. To make an informed decision, you may want to look at the delivery pricing here and try to project how many and what kind of deliveries you may need.
The Interfolio system permits a great deal of customization. For example, you can upload multiple writing samples, and your letter writers can upload multiple versions of their letters of recommendation. You can then choose which samples and letters are delivered to specific prospective employers. However, if you believe your discipline or individual case presents circumstances that Interfolio may not be able to accommodate, then please inquire about this with Interfolio before you sign up for an account.
Additionally, if your program has some system for assisting students on the job market with their dossiers, then Interfolio may not be a good choice for you. Talk to your program!
Non-Academic Job Searches
Interfolio is geared towards higher education, but it also delivers dossiers to non-academic prospective employers. If you are pursuing such positions, you may well be able to use Interfolio. If you have doubts, please inquire with Interfolio before you sign up for an account.